The Delaware Speech and Hearing Center is a proud partner of the Strengthening Families Initiative of United Way. Our Speech Language Pathology Team offers services at no charge at the Willis Education Center on Thursdays between 3-7pm! The Willis Education Center is located at 74 West William Street in Delaware, Ohio. Below includes a summary of the different types of services at the Willis Education Center.
- Toy Library
- Check out toys for your child for up to 3 weeks at a time
- A Speech Therapist is available on Thursdays to assist you with selection of a toy and show you examples of how to use the toy to expand your child’s speech and language
- Speech and Language Screenings
- A screening is a quick 10-15 minute check to see if there are any red flags of a possible speech delay or disorder
- The Speech Therapist will determine if there is a reason to pursue an evaluation or if your child seems to be developing typically
- Speech and Language Evaluations
- Available for families without funding or insurance coverage for speech services
- Evaluations determine if there is a speech delay or disorder and if therapy is needed
- Speech and Language Therapy
- If your child has had an evaluation and needs therapy, we are able to offer free therapy services for those without funding or insurance coverage
- Toddler Play Groups
- Play groups occur every Thursday at 5:00 pm
- Ages served include 18 – 36 months
- Language rich activities
- Speech Therapist models language for parents to use at home to promote communication
- Preschool Craft Groups
- Preschool crafts groups are offered around holidays
- Ages served includes three to five years old
- Any other questions/concerns?
- Come chat with the speech therapist on Thursdays between 3 – 7 pm!
There are other services in addition to speech and language services that include a Wellness Room staffed by Syntero, a Teen Community Room and a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) Lab. More information can be found at https://www.liveuniteddelawarecounty.org/take-action/strengthening-families. If you have questions about Speech Language Pathology services, please call 740-369-3650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by Amanda Smith, MA, CCC-SLP, Speech Language Pathologist, Delaware Speech and Hearing Center
Check out our last blog post: Parents are a Child’s First Teachers